- Variety of Webinars, seminars scheduled in coming months
- Chairman Gray's Message: All members benefit from "Strength Through Association"
- Drip. drip, drip: Understanding O-rings in the repair process
- Safety Tip: Simple precautions when working with air and hydraulic tools
- Tech Tip: Importance of the micrometer measurement
- The winding challenge servo and spindle motors
- Five popular seminars scheduled for 2013-2014 2013
- Convention and Exhibition mobile app now available!
- Join us for Town Hall on EASA accreditation program: Forum in Las Vegas will provide preview and opportunity for feedback
- Chairman Gray's Message: Building "Strength through Association" for members with a proud past, bright future
- Board of Director elections are held for EASA Regions 1 and 8
- Squirrel cage motors: Three most common starting methods
- Safety Tip: Special care when lifting material
- EASA 2013 Convention and Exhibition mobile app filled with great information for all
- June 12 EASA Webinar: "Vibration on Belt Driven Machines"
- Tech Tip: Properly surge testing armature depends on consistency of winding Connections on AC electric motors under 600 volts
- Industry Awareness Campaign success continues; Articles support EASA's image as "The ElectroMechanical Authority"
- Chairman Gray's Message: Learning from other members is a major "Strength through Association"
- Kevin Krupp elected director of EASA's Region 3
- Flashover: Causes and cures for damage to brushholders, commutators
- Don't forget: Training videos are available on Web site
- Tech Tip: Special care when removing rotor in permanent magnet motors
- EASA 2013 Exhibitors (to date)
- May Webinar: "Drilling Down into DC Design"
- Safety Tip: Push, don't pull when using hoist, crane
- Trials and tribulations of split case pump seals
- Ken Gralow to become 2013-2014 EASA chairman
- Other officers, Executive Committee members elected by Board
- Actions by the Board of Directors
- Chairman Gray's Message: EASA's mission drives efforts to provide tools and resources for member success
- Stator I2R loss: Considerations for rewinds and redesigns
- Three-part Webinar series in April will focus on "Improving Productivity in the Repair Process"
- Tech Tip: Winding change considerations
- Safety Tip: Use the right tool
- Seminar to focus on "Sales Professional Training Camp"
- Gather "Strength," knowledge at 2013 EASA convention
- Chairman Gray's Message: Convention planning starts years in advance
- Steve Moffett re-elected director of EASA's Region 6
- Understanding end play and its impact on axial alignment
- Nancy Kemper replaces retiring Judy Cox
- Tech Tip: Slot liner insulation
- Safety Tip: Keep work area clean and orderly
- We found out there is a friendlier side of OSHA
- Share your special achievements through EASA social media outlets
- Convention preview
- March Webinar: "Enhance Your Market Position Using EASA's Recommended Practices"
- Considerations for selecting an adjustable speed drive in a constant torque application
- Marketing & Industry Awareness Committee reviews accomplishments, looks to future successes
- Chairman Gray's Message: Resolve to gain "Strength through Association" in 2013 by taking advantage of EASA's many products and services
- Converting vibration units not difficult if data is available
- 2013 EASA Convention preview
- February Webinars: "Economy 2013: Where From Here?" and "Repair Tips for Submersible Pumps"
- EASA steps to improve quality at your service center
- Tech Tip: Redesign to change motor design letter designation
- Safety Tip: Some simple precautions to take when working on a ladder
- Two new online training sessions focus on profits
- Chairman Gray's Message: Appreciation for hard-working chapter volunteers; all members benefit from "Strength through Association"
- Motor nameplate ratings: How precise are they? Correct interpretation of five operating parameters for NEMA.
- IEC induction motors
- Tech Tip: Determining if motor is running hot
- Safety Tip: Fire Prevention
- 2013 Convention preview
- January Webinar: "Handling Partial Discharge Issues"
- Index of Currents articles for 2012
- 2013 Seminars
- Board of Directors meeting scheduled
- EASA's Technical Manual goes online
- Chairman Gray's Message: Sometimes it takes an outsider's perspective
- Wound rotor motor tips for failure analysis, repair and testing
- December Webinar: "Motor Lubrication Cautions & Tips"
- Tech Tip: Help with stuck end bracket
- Safety Tip: Wear proper clothing
- "Mechnical Repair Fundamentals of Electric Motors, 2nd Edition" scheduled for January 25-26
- Mike Howell hired as technical support specialist: Newest staff member has extensive experience to meet member needs
- "AC Motor Verification & Redesign" (Version 3) launched
- Chairman Gray's Message: EASA adds technical resources for members; committees meet to support goals of new Strategic Plan
- How to properly test AC stator and wound rotor windings
- EASA Award nominations
- November Webinars to focus on shaft alignment, machinery foundations and bases
- Safety Tip: Welding cautions
- Tech Tip: Cable sealing
- Tech Notes 48, 49 available to download
- Online training session covers "Safety/OSHA Compliance"
- NEMA peititions for new energy-efficiency electric motor standards; EASA represented at DOE public hearing
- Chairman Gray's Message: Web site keeps members informed, trained and knowledgeable
- Tips for improving performance of pump packing: Proper installation and maintenance will maximize packing life
- More snapshots from the 2012 Convention
- October Webinar: "Taking Three-Phase Winding Data"
- How to determine the correct center distance for spur gears
- Tech Tip: Converting Celcius, Fahrenheit temperatures
- Safety Tips: Use special care when working with ladders
- EASA Award nominations being accepted
- Positive numbers point to successful convention; Active member firm attendance up by more than 26 percent in Nashville
- Convention session on economic update available at easa.com
- Chairman Gray's Message: Board busy with actions; approves
- Strategic Plan for 2012-2015 Identifying rating information of motor without nameplates
- 2012 Convention snapshots
- Frank Leonard receives EASA's Exceptional Achievement Service Award at convention
- Actions of EASA's Board of Directors at meetings in Nashville
- Tech Tip: Testing submersible pump cable
- Safety Tip: Be extra cautious in unfamiliar surroundings
- Three-part Webinar series in September will focus on "AC Motor Redesign"
- Seminar to focus on "Sale Professional Training Camp"
- "Fundamentals of Pump Repair" seminar scheduled November 9-10 in Pittsburgh
- Convention in Nashville marks beginning of 2012-2013 terms for officers, Executive Committee; Bill Gray installed as new EASA Chairman at Annual Business Meeting
- Chairman Gray's Message: "Strength Through Association" selected as theme for 2012-2013 administrative year, convention
- Improving designs in motors with multiple windings; Concentric or a conventional half-slot lap winding will help
- Tech Tip: Testing motor vibration
- Management Solutions: Understanding the new drivers of profitability
- 2012 Operating Performance Survey reports distributed to participants August
- Webinar: "Root Cause Failure Analysis Methodology"
- Safety Tip: Cutting or trimming with a knife Identifying different types of temperature detectors
- Oldies but goodies: Training videos now available on Web site