Fundamentals of DC Operation & Repair Tips
The seminar will cover DC machine theory and operation, as well as repair tips. Topics will include testing and winding of armatures, fields, interpoles and compensating windings, machine work, balancing, assembly and final testing. The theory portion is structured so that it can be grasped by entry-level personnel, while the overall material is in-depth enough that those with 30 years of experience or more will benefit.
- DC machine operation explained pictorially
- Importance of symmetry to proper performance
- Disassembly, test & inspection tips
- Comparison and explanation of electrical test methods
- Data-taking tips, with emphasis on critical information
- Commutation and commutation difficulties
- Armature and field winding tips
- Field compounding
- Assembly tips & test methods
- Accessories, including tachometers
- Troubleshooting techniques
Who Should Attend
This seminar will be useful to the supervisor, mechanic, winder, salesperson and field service technician. It will benefit anyone involved in or interested in the repair of DC motors and generators.
What To Bring
Instructional items will be provided. You should need only note-taking materials.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.